What is your personal information?
Where applicable, we will rely on the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in the Privacy Act or other legislation.
What personal information does Celestino collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number;
- age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details, bank account details, including as credit information, and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly;
- credit information, court judgments and any bankruptcy information, and other financial information from financial institutions;
- credit eligibility information such as internal scores, ratings, summaries or evaluations, and other credit reporting information requested and received from credit reporting agencies; and
- business contact details and Expressions of Interests and Tender Opportunities, including names of sole traders, employees, contractors, and trade references, and their associated addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and fax numbers.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our websites.
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, we will destroy or de-identify it as soon as practicable if it is not necessary for any of our purposes described below.
How does Celestino collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- through your access and use of our website www.celestino.net.au, or any other of our websites, apps, platforms or portals (Sites);
- by telephone, letter, fax or email and otherwise in communications between you and us, our real estate agents, employees, service providers or contractors;
- by contracting with us;
- by entering surveys, competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us;
- through recordings of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage; and
- through providing feedback or processing complaints.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from credit reporting agencies (such as Equifax), ASIC, trade references, law enforcement agencies, and government entities;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
- organisations such as our service providers where you have given your consent; or
- publicly available sources of information.
We use “cookies” and other similar tracking technology, such as web beacons and authentication tokens on our Sites which enable us to keep track of your activity on our Sites, monitor traffic patterns, and to improve our Sites and other online products and services. Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. If you do so, you can still access our Sites, but it may impact your user experience of the Sites. We may also log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer our Sites and track users movements.
If you do not provide us with your personal information described above, we may not be able to provide you our products or services or information you have requested.
Why does Celestino collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service, including to:
- verify your identity, undertake credit assessments as necessary, and manage our relationship with you and for our internal processes and procedures;
- provide our goods and services to you;
- communicate with you and to provide information and our products and services, including our platforms, to you;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our Sites;
- process and respond to any complaint made by you or to investigate and analyse potential or actual incidents occurring on property owned or managed by us;
- use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevant to you; and
- comply with applicable law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes and for other purposes to which you have consented, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Direct marketing materials
If you have requested to receive direct marketing communications (either through mail, SMS, or email), we may send you direct marketing communications or offers or promotions about our products and services, or other companies’ products and services that may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the direct marketing communications.
To whom may Celestino disclose your information?
We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with our purposes specified above, including to:
- our employees and service providers (such as real estate agents, IT service providers and mailing houses) who assist us with the operation of our business and our Sites;
- credit information providers, credit reporting agencies, payment processors, debt collectors and our suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships;
- professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our franchisor, Ray White (New South Wales) Pty Ltd as agent for the Ray White (Real Estate) Partnership, and its related bodies corporate; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to any exemptions that may apply. We may charge an administration fee in limited circumstances.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it by contacting our Privacy Officer.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer, in writing, using the contact details below. Celestino will make its inquiries and your complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, Celestino will advise you about further options including, if appropriate, review by the Privacy Commissioner within the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
In any case, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act.
Storage and security
We will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose. As the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of transmission of personal information you communicate to us online. Accordingly, you transmit your personal information to us online at your own risk.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. These websites are outside of our control and we make no representations or warranties in relation to their privacy practices. We recommend you review these websites’ separate privacy policies.
Celestino Pty Limited Post: PO Box 438, Pendle Hill NSW 2145 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org